Saturday, September 1, 2012

August Project Round-Up

Whew!  I can't believe it is September 1st.  Last week we started school (and we means ME too, since I teach).  I am so grateful for this long Labor Day Weekend to recuperate!

I thought I would highlight all of the things that went on in my little creative DIY-Organizational world.  I always try to make everything in our home meaningful, special, and beautiful.

The biggest project we did in August by far was put {new floors down on our entire first floor} .  HUGE job.  The floors are down, but hubby is still working on the baseboards, transitions, and trim.  We have been so busy and he has worked on them as much as he can.  I can't wait to show you the whole reveal and how these rooms have changed soon!


While hubby was working on the parts of the floor that I couldn't really help with, I created a fun little tray to hold bathroom items using an {acrylic tray from the Dollar Store}.


Then, I got {organized in our Master Bathroom and Linen Closet}:





I posted about { putting bookplates on baskets} to label them:


With school starting soon, I created a {Home Practice Binder} for my daughter.  She loves this and I love that all of her practice items and papers are in one fun spot.


I also got myself more organized by turning a {muffin pan into a perfect jewelry organizer}.  I have LOVED this project and it has made finding earrings and bracelets a cinch.


Being organized in our busy family is crucial, especially now that sports have started.  I created a {Family Information Station} using a basic dry erase calendar as a start.  I personalized it and made it functional and pretty for our busy family.


Lastly, I created simple {Morning and Bedtime checklists} for my daughter.  This made our first week of school soooo much less stressful and added an element of fun and responsibility for my daughter.


You can read the entire posts by clicking on any of the links above!   I can't wait to see what I get into in September!




Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Have just found your lovely blog (through NanaDiana) and am now following...so nice to meet you!
    Best,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- You rounded up some good projects here this August! I hope your September is just as successful. Blessings to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your floors look great. Love the way you organized your closets. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicky I'm so glad to be on the site now !! I cn't wait to watch you grow this site !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...