Sunday, September 9, 2012

I {Heart} Green

Hope you had a great weekend!  We have lots of projects going on around here, and I can't wait to post about them all soon.  Nothing is done enough to share, but our whole first floor has changed and I have been making some cute burlap pumpkins for Fall that I am so excited to share soon!

I was noticing the other day how many of the rooms in my house (except the kids' rooms) have green in them.  Lime green, forest green, apple green, lots of green!  It is such a pretty color and I'm not sure that there is a hue I don't love!  I took some pics of spots on our first floor (great room, kitchen, eating area) where I spied green.  

These cute storage containers from Target hold my cameras and other little items in our pantry. {Click HERE to see how we completely transformed that area}


Here are my fave curtains from World Market.  LOVE this color palette.  See how I made curtain valances from napkins of this same print {HERE}.


I put up some melamine plates I got at Target in the Spring.  The patterns make me happy. AND of course, I love the colors!


A few years ago I bought these, uh, not sure what they are, but they are GREEN and I like them.  :)  They reside on our bookcases (yes, we put them back up!! There will be a post on that reveal soon.....)


Also in our bookcases is one of my favorite pitchers.  I posted about this beauty in the spring when it housed some gorgeous tulips.  You can read about that post {HERE}.


And lastly, some pics from our mantle.  I posted about the meaningful piece of art that my husband's aunt painted {HERE}.  Notice how there  is so much green up there?  Love it.



Another thing I love about the color green and using it in the home is that is plays well during every season.  It can be pretty in the spring and summer with about any other color and looks amazing in the fall with oranges, brown, and golds, and of course shines at the holidays with it's partner, red, and about any other new favorite holiday color.   So what about you?  Do you love green in your home as much as I do?




Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. I really love green- I find it very restful and peaceful. You have some beautiful pieces- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I think it is a happy and serene color too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love using green as well. Beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the green you have around your house. I really love the curtains from World Market. : )

    What made you decide to put the bookcases back in the family room? I can't wait to see what they look like with the new floors and paint!

    Lori
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just painted our guest bathroom - green! Well, it's called 'tantalizing teal,' which is one of the lovely variations of the color green. I am so drawn to that color! Your photos show that there are many shades of green, just as you see in nature.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...